Features and historical curiosities:

It was the boardroom of the Palace of the Abbots, and it was built in 1756, in the same year when the bell tower and the frontdoor of the side rock church “San Pietro Barisano” were added to the XIII century interiors. It is characterized by a beautiful re-decorated XVIII century vault, and by the original terracotta floor. It overlooks the large terrace, and is equipped with a window and a small balcony, from where you can see the Murgia and the Sasso Barisano. In the second half of the IXX century, after the Abbots lost the property of the palace, it became a private house of several families. “Bammn” is the nickname of the last family that lived here, until the 1950s, years of the displacement of the whole area of the Sassi, and in dialect means “the Cute Doll”, because the lady that used to live here was very pretty and had sweet face features, like a doll.

CLICCA QUI PER FARE IL TOUR VIRTUALE DELLA STANZA!

 

Bamm’n ultima modifica: 2017-02-05T18:57:06+00:00 da administrator